Dr. Aneesh Singla of NSPC’s Rockville, Maryland office, just released his new book on the truth about why we feel pain. Why It Hurts is an insightful look into the pain experience that will make you rethink your understanding of the feeling, make you question your resilience, and reconsider how pain is responded to around the world.
Harvard-trained physician and pain management specialist, Dr. Singla, answers questions in his book like why we actually feel pain, along with what it’s purpose might be. Here are a few things you may gain from reading Why It Hurts:
- Professional Physician Insight
- A Historical Journey
- Understanding About Opioids
- A New Perspective on Pain
- Greater Awareness for Your Body
- New Thoughts of Chronic pain and the “Need to Cure”